Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Out Of Print Business Books

As mentioned in my bio, I am a published author and became so when my first article was published in Instruments and Control Systems in its November 1961 issue. The title was, "Disc File Memories." Since then, numerous articles of mine have been published in trade journals, magazines, newsletters and newspaper columns.

My two business books, "Building Your Business Plan - A Step by Step Approach" and "The Entrepreneurs Guide to Buidling a Better Business Paln - A Step-by Step-Approach" were published in 1985 and 1992 respectively. John Wiley & Sons, based in New York and a publisher of science, business, text books among other genra, was my publisher. Both books were considered a success by the publisher. "Wiley" took them out of print in the late 1990s. They are still recommended references by business schools even though the technology sources mentioned in the books have been since outdated but the basic business concepts are still valid. If you Google my name some of the "hits" will reference my book titles and some of those are business schools.

Last year I did a book search on Amazon.Com's web site and learned they sell both books, new and used. I no longer have a financial interest in the books but was pleased to see there is still interest in them. What also surprised me was a book review by a person named Anthony of Vancouver, Canada who gave my first book a five star rating. Apparently Anthony reviews other Amazon offerings as he has a comment in the review that states, "See all my reviews." His concluding statement is, "I would recomment this book to anyone planning a new business or existing business or division. Too bad the book is no longer in print, however I found that my local public library had copies."

If you are planning to start a new business, see if you can locate a copy. It may help you as it has so many others who have read it. I have received many complements about the books over the years. The fact that the books have helped people gives me much joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home